Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine Party

Most everyone has sent in their dollar for the party. Thank you! Please have your child make a Valentine card for everyone in the class. I don't want anyone to feel left out! Students may bring in their Valentines on Monday.


We are studying weather in science. Please help your child with the weather chart that is to be filled out this week for homework. Most of the items need to be filled in...I don't think we will be having any "wind chill" factor!


Also, we are in competition with the other classes in the Pennies for Patients fundraiser. Several students have brought in lots and lots of change and even some dollar bills. Keep collecting! It's for a very good cause, plus the class that earns the most $$ will win some delicious food from Olive Garden. I loooove me some Olive Garden breadsticks and salad--yummm.

In Monday's Dolphin folder, we sent home a flyer with an envelope attached regarding our Western night on March 2nd. Please order your tickets for this fun filled night. We will not be having a spring carnival this year, the western night will occur instead.

I will not be at school tomorrow. I will be attending the Texas Classroom Teacher's Convention at the Galleria. I'm looking forward to learning some new teaching ideas. Plus, we get to stay at the Westin Galleria...it's like living at the MALL. Can you imagine the fun!?


Don't forget that next Friday students will be released at 11:30. Then there is a student holiday on the 20th. What a great looong weekend they will get. I'm taking two technology staff development classes on the 20th. I just know I'm going to learn some activities the kids will love.

Have a fabulous day and a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment